Strawberry Echinacea & Elderberry Pops
Another day in quarantine, another recipe inspired by what we had on hand. Feel free to get creative with what you have, this recipe would work well with many varieties of frozen fruits and teas! However, if using a tropical fruit like mango or pineapple, we suggest adjusting the lemon juice and sugar to taste. Adapted from @EpicuriousSimply Strawberry Sorbet
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp stabilizer mix – optional (1 part guar + 1.5 parts xanthan gum) we like @BobsRedMill
- 1 cup water
- 3 @Pukkaherbs brand Elderberry Echinacea tea bags
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 pints (about 1 1/2 pounds or 6 cups) frozen strawberries
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a saucepan boil water take off heat. Let the tea bags steep for 15 mins, remove tea bags, bring to a boil again and to reduce down by about half (approx. 8 mins)
- Add the sugar, salt and stabilizer (if using) to the reduced tea mixture in the saucepan and allow to dissolve thoroughly. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, purée the strawberries with the syrup and lemon juice until smooth. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions or pour into a pop mold. We like to churn in the machine then freeze in the pop mold for a smoother sorbet-like eating experience on a stick! If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can also freeze mixture in ice cube trays and then emulsify in blender.
- To add an indulgent spin, drizzle the finished pops with melted chocolate and crunchy granola or crisped rice. Enjoy!