< Back to All
Cocoa Haze Tart
This tart is super a super elegant, fancy pants kind of dessert and it challenges everything you think you know about sweets and plant based foods. It will seriously blow you mind.
- 1 11oz bag of Dark Chocolate Granola
- 2 oz Chocolate Hazelnut butter
- 2oz Vegan Butter or coconut oil, plus a little extra for the pan
- Sea salt
- 10" non stick fluted tart pan with removable bottom
- 2 2.82oz bars Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts to garnish
- Grind the granola to a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the melted vegan butter and the hazelnut butter
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- Mix until fully combined and holds together if you make a little ball.
- Press into tart pan to make an even crust, going all the way to the top edge of the pan
- Chill for 20 minutes
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes to set the crust. Cool fully and transfer to freezer.
- Temper 2 pints of Cocoa Haze SorBabes and fill the tart with about 1 1/2 pint, spreading into an even layer. Freeze again.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a double boiler, or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Bring the coconut cream to a simmer and pour over the melted chocolate, add the sea salt, and blend with an immersion hand blender until thick, smooth and emulsified.
- Let cool at room temp about 2 hours.
- When cool, pour over the Cocoa Haze SorBabes layer and spread out evenly. Top with Chopped toasted hazelnuts. Freeze to set.
- Before serving, let temper for about 10 minutes at room temp, while you garnish with your favorite berries and other fruit. Slice using a knife dipped in hot water and enjoy.